Thursday, February 28, 2013

Proverbs 17:17

A friend loves at all times and a brother is born for adversity.

Oh, that verse is sooooo true in my house.  Can I get an Amen!  My kids fuss and fight all the time!  But, they love each other to death (just don't let the others know.  LOL!)


Speaking of kids.  It was my middle son's birthday the other day.  So, momma had to make cupcakes to take them into school.  Well, its not just any old cupcake.  He had seen another kid from another class have the  icecream cupcakes.  So, he wanted those.

Well, I had no idea how to make them, so off I searched for them.  Did you know there are several methods to making these?  So, I HAD to do a test batch a few weeks before his birthday to figure out which was the easier way to do this.  Because I am ALL about easy.

And here is what I found:

And by the way, did I say I was all about easy?  Yea, I make our cakes from scratch, so we don't get any preservatives in our system, so easy is not a word that is used in my kitchen that often.

Cake recipe:

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter , room temperature
2 1/4 cups sugar
5 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
 
Directions:
In one bowl mix together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs 1 at a time.  Add vanilla and blend until smooth.
In a different bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
Alternate adding flour mixture and milk to the sugar/butter mixture, until all is combined and smooth.
 
Now, to make this into ice cream cupcakes......
 
Using a cookie press, put batter in cookie press.  Squeeze batter unto ice cream cones until they are about 3/4 of the way full.  Continue this until all of your ice cream cones are filled.  Make sure the ice cream cones stay upright at all times.
 
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes.
 
Then, I cheated.  I used store bought icing.  and sprinkles.
 
And here are the results!
 



Enjoy!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment