Thursday, July 25, 2013

Sheep are Dumb!

Sheep are Dumb!
 
 



 I have felt the need to share this with you all for about a week now.   Our pastor shared this with us last week and it has been weighing on my mind all week.

Did you know sheep are dumb?  Apparently, they are as dumb as rocks.  They can't do anything for themselves.  They rely on their shephard for EVERYTHING!  Well, we should treat the Bible like our shephard.  In fact, Psalm 23 has ALL the answers we need.

 Sheep lack direction, they are defenseless, and they are dependant of the Shephard.  Well, verse one is about the shephard, and verses 2-6 is about the sheep.  Yep, we need that much direction.

**Do you have worry?  Well, let me share verse 1 with you:

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want." (Psalm 23:1 ESV)

This verse tells us, to turn all of our worries to God.  He will show us the way we are to go.  IF we turn our worries to Him, He will not let us faulter.  Now, we may not like the answer He gives us, but He will answer.

**Do you experience stress?  Verse 2 has the solution for that:

"He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. "(Psalm 23:2 ESV)

We have to lay down our stress to Him.  And you know....... Sometimes He MAKES us lie down, if we won't slow down and and do it ourselves.

**Do you have guilt?  Verse 3 has the solution for that.

"He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake." (Psalm 23:3 ESV)

He pardons our sins.  Simple as that!  If you ask the Lord into your heart, He restores your heart and refreshes your soul.  Praise God for this!!!!!

**Do you have a fear of death?  Verse 4!

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." (Psalm 23:4 ESV)

Enough said!

** Do you have Hurt?  Verse 5 is for you.

"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows." (Psalm 23:5 ESV)

Did you know, God will stick it in your enemies face?  Yea, you don't have to do anything, God will do it for you.  If somebody does something for me, I try try try to not do anything.  I try to let God work.  I do not like confrontation at all.  But, if you push me far enough, I will snap.  Well, I try not to snap too often, #1, its not pretty, #2 God doesn't like it when I snap.  He snaps back at me when I snap.  So, just sit back and let Him work for you.  Talk to Him about it.  And sometimes, He presents you with your blessing right in front of the person.  Talk abut in your face!

**Do you fear the future?  Verse 6 has your answer

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever." (Psalm 23:6 ESV)

If you turn to God, He will prepare a mansion in heaven just for you.

Yes, sheep are dumb.  We are sheep, we are dumb.  See, we try to handle all of our problems by ourselves.  We think, oh I don't need God, what can He do for me?  Let me tell you, He can do EVERYTHING for you.  I am a true example of His works.  I had nothing, I had no direction in my life.  I knew I loved working in bookkeeping, but no idea where to start.  Well, Gid led me to each and every one of my jobs.  Then, He led me to start my own business.  Let me tell you, God led me to every one of my clients.  He is a fair God.  I have had my ups and downs.  I've tried to handle situations on my own.  Those never turn out pretty.  But, He has led me to where I am today.  And let me tell you, I wouldn't want to be anywhere but here.



 God bless you all!
Sherie

No comments:

Post a Comment