Monday, September 16, 2013

Pork Chops

I have had people ask me, how do you menu plan?  That has GOT to be so hard.  Well, here is my not so organized way of doing a menu plan.  I don't necessarily know the meal I will be cooking every night.  BUT, I do know the meat I am cooking. 

You see, I have a system of eating.  I don't like to have 2 beef dinners in a row, etc.  So, here is my list of meats:

Chicken
Beef
Pork
Fish/Shrimp

So, if we had a beef dinner last night, I know we will have pork tonight. 

I print out a blank calendar and start listing it out in order.  Then, on Sunday's I go to the freezer and see what I have left from last week.  So, I know how much meat I have to buy.  I do all of my grocery shopping on Sunday, hence me looking in the freezer.

And then I look on the calendar and I know that this week we will need 2 chicken dinners, beef dinners, 2 Pork dinners, and 1 fish or shrimp dinner.  So, if I have only 1 package of chicken left over, I know I have a boat load of meat I need to buy.  LOL!  I usually have more meat in the freezer, this is just an example.  Although, we are trying to buy better meat, like buffalo, natural chicken (not boosted up with hormones), etc.  We are using ground chicken now, instead of beef for tacos, chili, etc.  Nobody can taste the difference and its much better for you.

Then, every day I go onto Pinterest and decide what I want to make out of the meat for that day.  Today, we are having pork chops, but I can't find a recipe that is meeting my craving.  So, I am just adding some spices to it and baking it.  I included 2 veggies (I need to get better at cooking these from scratch too, but one thing at a time).

 
(I added McCormick's Garlic and Herb seasoning to these pork chops)
 
Directions:  Preheat oven to 350.  Sprinkle a generous amount of seasoning on chops.  Bake for 45 minutes or until done.  (I know all the chefs bake their pork to a certain temp and call it done.  But, I don't play that game.  It is done when it comes out of the oven.  We've had salmonella in the house, I don't want to have it again!)
 
 
I hope you have a GREAT day!
Sherie

2 comments:

  1. That's an interesting idea to have a meat rotation plan. It would be helpful, thanks for sharing what works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious! I know my family would love them! Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday!" I hope you will be able to join us again this week! :-) http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2013/09/try-new-recipe-tuesday-september-24.html

    ReplyDelete